Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Top Three Tuesday

1. The Cobalt Season. I know, I know, they made it onto my list last month. They never cease to amaze me though. I just bought their album "But I Tell You." The language they use isn't always parent-approved, but the lyrics continue to describe some of the same feelings and yearnings that I have dealt with lately.
2. Anne Rice. No. I didn't mistype. Anne Rice, the author of numerous vampire books. She wrote a book a couple years ago called "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt" that I've been reading this week. It's her well-researched musings on what Jesus' childhood was like. Anne is Catholic so I don't exactly agree with everything in the book, but it has caused me to come up with my own ideas of what Jesus was like as a kid. I respect anyone that challenges me to think outside the box.
3. Grandma Lee. Everyday I think about the things that I remember about my great-grandmother and what I will tell my kids about her one day. I haven't fully processed exactly what it means for my life that she is gone. I think that being around my family in Oklahoma Thursday-Saturday will help me to do that. All I know right now is that she was a lady that truly rocked my socks off.

No comments: