Thursday, March 13, 2008

Airport Blues

Here I am. Stuck at the Seattle airport. I'm trying to get to Oklahoma City to be with my family for a couple of days. Southwest had other ideas about how my day should go.
Here's the story so far: I got up at a ridiculous hour this morning to get ready to go. Around 7:30 am, Jody dropped me off at the airport. I walked in and tried to check in my luggage. That's when I found out that Southwest canceled my flight from Seattle to Denver along with a few other flights from our airport. (Note to self: they're not lying about checking your flight status before you leave home.) The nice lady at the desk told me the only way that I would get to OKC at all today was if I took a 12:50pm flight to Kansas city, have a 3 hour lay over, and arrive in OKC at 10:40 tonight. I wasn't thrilled, but when she put it that way...
My plans for the next three hours of my life? Use the internet (which I didn't have to pay too much for, thank goodness), get some work done, buy some food so I don't get crankier than I already am, and maybe read a book.
I just keep repeating to myself "joy in adversity, joy in adversity." Maybe if I say it enough times it will actually happen :)

1 comment:

Michael said...

I hope your layover is good considering how everything else has went so far. K.C. has a nice airport and they have free wi-fi :)