My parents have been married 30 years this year!
Today, we are talking about our families of origin in class. Sitting there listening to everyone, I realized how lucky I am to have two wonderful parents. Here are some things I appreciate about them:
- They promised my sister and I very early that they would never get divorced, and they stuck to that promise.
- They made sure that we spent time together as a family. Looking back, those discussion of the dinner table and family vacations have been some of my favorite memories.
- They have both gone above and beyond their parental duties to make sure that I succeed in life.
- They loved me unconditionally, even when I wasn't very loveable (a.k.a. the teenage years).
- They instilled many traits that I value today: humility, loyalty, confidence, and a sense of humor, just to name a few.
Mom and Dad, I love you and I wish you another wonderful 30 years.