Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Top Three Tuesday

1. Seattle Coffee Shops. Not only do these places have great drinks, but they are also a great place to work outside of the office. It's almost like they expect large numbers of Seattlites to use their space as their own personal place of business. They all have free wi-fi (with the exception of Starbucks, but who goes there in this city of great independent coffee joints) and tables to work at. Guess where this post is being written from :)

2. Jeff Greer. Jeff , a church planter/musician/bartender, came to the Purple Door and did a music-in a couple of Thursdays ago. He shared some of his original music with us and talked to us about what the last couple of years has looked like for him. I appreciate that he was willing to be totally open with us even though he'd never met us before. Some of us are going to see him play at Q Cafe this Thursday night for a benefit concert.

3. The real Charlie Brown. I'm not talking about the comic strip character or it's creator. I'm talking about one of my grandpa's friends. He died last week in an accident. Charlie was a great Christian man that constantly invited Grandpa to Bible studies and talked to him about Jesus. He's one of the people that contributed to Grandpa becoming a Christian almost a decade ago. I only met him a few times (I remember off the top of my head: at my grandparents' anniversary and my great-grandmother's funeral), but his smiling face left an impression on me. I'm forever grateful for the part he played in my grandpa's life.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I miss Seattle coffee shops so much. There's just something about the atmosphere and the coffee that you can't find anywhere else.