Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Post

So, here's what's going through my head...

1. Folklife was fun. The Northwest Folklife Festival is an annual festival at the Seattle Center. It features hundreds of musicians and street performers over a three day period. I went with my uncle and cousin on Saturday and had a blast. It was in the high-70s and sunny. A perfect day to listen to random music and watch a little girl balance on a ball, hula hoop, and play the violin at the same time. Seriously. Here are a few pictures from my experience.


2. I got my hair cut last week. I now have the perfect summer haircut. Even if the sun and humidity melt my hair, it still looks great :)


3. I'm ready to go home for a little while, but I'm not ready to leave Seattle. Last night, it hit me that I'll be in Tennessee soon and that means leaving the friends that I've made in Seattle. It almost made me physically sick. Can I be homesick for two places at once?

4. I started reading "The New Christians" by Tony Jones yesterday. Good idea? Maybe. It's a book about the emergent movement within (or on the edges of) Christianity. It's raising more questions than it answers. Oh, the tangled postmodern web we weave.

5. "I'm a product of my culture." I've been thinking about that statement since I talked to one of my parents on the phone. They commented on how I seem to have changed since I moved to Seattle (meaning I'm more liberal and talk about Jesus differently). It's true. I've changed. Moving to Seattle has given me the chance to explore territory that I wasn't comfortable exploring in TN. I've accepted some things I've tried, I've rejected others. I think that's the process that every person goes through daily without even thinking about it. My changes are just more noticeable.

No comments: