Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Top Three Tuesday

1. Solo: An Uncommon Devotional. This devotional book is based on a way of studying the Bible called lectio divina. It focuses on very carefully and thoughtfully reading a short passage from the Bible, thinking through certain questions, praying honestly about the things that come to mind while reading the passage, and then ultimately living out the passage. I enjoyed doing a public lectio divina at one of our teach-ins so I was really excited when I saw this book on Petey's blog. I started yesterday and can already tell that this is going to be awesome.

2. "The West Wing". I got the Season 2 box set at Target the other day for a really cheap price. I love this show because it's fun, but it also makes me think.

3. Mozilla Thunderbird. So, most of you have heard of Mozilla's version of a web browser called Firefox. Thunderbird is Mozilla's take on Microsoft Outlook. I've been using it for a few months now and I totally love it. Like most people my age, I have a couple email addresses that I use on a regular basis. Thunderbird downloads all my emails onto my computer and organizes them for me. And it's free. What could be better than that?

Toodles!

No comments: