Monday, May 19, 2008

Pictures and a Song



I went to the U-District Street Fair on Saturday and Sunday. They shut down 41st-50th Street of the Ave for hundreds of vendors/performers and thousands of community members to come together. All in the hottest weather that Seattle has seen in a long time (it was probably pushing the 90s).



In the South, every fair worth mentioning has at least one church booth present. At the street fair, I didn't see any churches represented, but I did see the Humanists of Washington and representatives of the local communist party. I also saw an "Ask the Atheist" booth, but I thought it would be in bad taste to take a picture of the guy.












This is my new tattoo. (At least for the next couple of weeks.) Our dream of doing "'Have A Tat' for Humanity" finally became a reality on Friday. There was food, t-shirts, and henna tattoos all around. We have lots of extra t-shirts, so if you want one please let me know. They're $5 :)

Also, I've been listening to the song "Oh My God" by Jars of Clay a lot lately. The part that I keep listening to over and over is the bridge of the song:

Sometimes I cannot forgive
And these days, mercy cuts so deep
If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep
While I lay, I dream we're better,
Scales were gone and faces lighter
When we wake, we hate our brother
We still move to hurt each other
Sometimes I can close my eyes,
And all the fear that keeps me silent falls beneath my heavy breathing,
What makes me so badly bent?
We all have a chance to murder
We all feel the need for wonder
We still want to be reminded that the pain is worth the thunder

No comments: