Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lessons

What I've learned today:

1. Thinking a few choice words while getting a shot doesn't make it hurt any less. (I got my Hep A booster and the second round of JE. One more round and I'm done for this trip!)

2. Just because it clicks doesn't mean it's broken. (I took my car to the mechanic. He put some kind of goop on the belt and then told me if I could live with the weird clicking sound that everything was fine for now. Stella is interstate worthy once again!)

3. I kind of like the American Empire at times. (Did I hear a collective gasp? Let me explain. I spent the better part of the afternoon staring down and/or speaking in soothing tones to the India Visa website. Thanks to the American Empire and its connections, I don't have to spend my time going through this process for every country that I want to visit.)

4. Not everything that tweets is a bird. (I'm now a semi-proud member of Twitter. Now if I only knew how to use it.)

No comments: