Monday, April 7, 2008

A Week in My Life

Sunday: Lots of church. I went to the Journey in the morning and Mars Hill at night. Mark Driscoll is starting a new series on Christian doctrine that I'm interested in hearing on podcast.

Monday: 1. First day of the Spring Quarter at UW 2. Donut Wars (Part 2). If you don't remember my intro to the Purple Door donut war you can click here. I got the Boston Creme donut and my supervisor got the Apple Fritter. I'm happy to report in both cases the Krispy Kreme donut won :)

Tuesday: April Fools Day. One of my co-workers kept telling us for about a week or two ahead of time that his birthday was April 1. I believed him (stupid!). I got up on Tuesday morning and made my coworker his favorite kind of cookies (snickerdoodle w/white chocolate chips). He came into the kitchen, figured out that I was making cookies for him, and told me that his birthday is really in September. Revenge is currently being plotted.

Wednesday: The Dentist. I'm happy to report that I'm cavity free and my teeth are a little whiter than they were a week ago. I found a really great dentist a couple miles from my building. She's a little Korean woman which means that I've finally found a dentist with little hands (to go with what I've been told is a really small mouth). She gave me a free teeth whitening since I was a first time patient. How awesome is that!

Thursday: Food and Fun. We had our first family meal of the quarter and then our first teach-in. Our speaker was Benson Hines. He is visiting as many campuses as possible on a year long road trip in order to study the different ways of doing collegiate ministry. UW was campus 87 or so.

Friday: "Have-A-Tat for Humanity." My supervisor and I met with the president of Habitat for Humanity (UW chapter). We are doing a joint fundraiser (with all the profits going to Habitat). It's coming together nicely. We're just trying to figure out the cheapest way to have a quality event.

Saturday: Games and a Concert. In the afternoon, I went to Gameworks with a friend. At night, I went with my roommate to a Rascal Flats concert in Tacoma. My roommate is friends with one of the sound techs for the band so we got to see the show for free which was pretty cool. I'm by no means a huge country music fan, but getting to experience the bigsexyrockshow (credit for that word goes to Steve) was fun.

1 comment:

Michael said...

That sounds like a very eventful week. Hope the spring quarter goes well for you guys :)