Monday, April 28, 2008

A Day of Friends

When I moved to Seattle, I wasn't worried about being able to handle my new job, being in a new location, or being able to take care of myself. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to find a group of friends. Since I grew up in small-town Tennessee, I never had to worry about finding friends before. They just kind of came built into the whole growing up process. God has used today to show me that He is faithful in providing for my needs.
This morning I went to the Journey in Mill Creek. The Journey has become my church family on the west coast. Although I've only been going there for a few months, I don't feel like an outsider anymore. They give me a chance to serve without pushing me to do too much. It's the kind of relationship and balance that I prayed that I would find in a church.
After church, I went to a friend's surprise birthday party in Everett. I spent the afternoon playing Pit and video games with about six other people. Since my friend works with computers, his birthday cake message was written in hexadecimal :)
From the birthday party, I went to small group Bible study near SPU. The Bible study is with a great group of friends that I met while I was visiting different churches last Fall. We cook together, challenge each other spiritually, and hang out on weekends sometimes.

Why did I write this? Because meeting friends has been on the top of my prayer list for a long time. I complain a lot about things that I wish God would do, but I rarely tell what He has done. I just wanted to give God public praise for this one. Sounds sappy, but it's true.

1 comment:

mbrewer said...

That is great! I am glad to hear that things are going well for you. Hope all continues to go well in Seattle.