Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Top Three Tuesday

After taking a week off to rub elbows with the Dalai Lama, Top Three Tuesday is back. I know that I'm excited!

1. "In Spite of the Gods: The Rise of Modern India." I picked up this book at Borders on Sunday. It does an excellent job of describing modern day India with over-romanticizing the nation. Plus, it was written by a journalist so the story moves along nicely.

2. Chacos. Not only does Chacos make what some consider the best sandals in the world, they now make light hiking shoes. I've been searching for a couple of months for the perfect hiking shoe to take to India with me (sturdy but breathable). At REI yesterday, the hiking Chacos stole my heart. The kind that I purchased are made to fit a woman's foot and have the best arch support I've ever felt. If you would like to know what love at first sight feels like, click here.

3. TreeHugger.com. In honor of Earth Day, TreeHugger.com's Go Green site makes my top three list. It gives tips for making everything from your meals to your wedding environmentally friendly. If nothing else, some of the lists are great for a good laugh.

Toodles!

No comments: