Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Yes, I know that I'm single and the culture dictates that I should be miserable on this day, a kind of February Scrooge, but that's just not how I work.
Today, I choose to concentrate on a deeper kind of love. The love of my ultimate husband, Jesus. Out of all the days of the year, today is the day that God uses to remind me that I am part of the bride of Christ and that He thinks that I'm more than beautiful.
This morning I was listening to this free song that I got off of iTunes called "All That Matters" by Addison Road. I thought that you might enjoy the lyrics on this Valentine's Day.

I may never be the one that gets a second glance
I may never be the one they call the prettiest
But that’s alright with me

Maybe I don’t follow every crazy passion
Spend all my time trying to get a good reaction
But that’s okay with me

This world is like a trampoline
High and low, no in between
Jumping at the chance to please everyone
That’s not me ‘cause

(Chorus)
All that matters is, all that matters is
I know Your love has set me free
That’s all that matters to me

People tell me to step out and do my own thing
And others say I got to blend in, just to be the same
Stop being me

But this shallow world is no longer what I’m made of
I’ve been changed by grace
I’ve been saved by love
What more do I need

My life comes from the one
Who made the stars and brought the sun
He loves me more than these

No comments: