Monday, February 4, 2008

Happiness

My word of the day is 'happy.' This morning I woke up, folded some laundry, and got ready for my day. After getting ready, I felt this strange sensation that I couldn't place. Then, I realized that I was humming (a habit I picked up from my grandpa). This was a sure sign that my strange sensation was indeed some level of happiness.
Sure, I'm generally content with life. Lately, though, I've had a lot of days filled with frustration, sadness, and just general anxiety. It's a relief to feel truly happy with life even though the sky is cloudy and it's cold outside. Inside, I feel like it's the first day of spring and that vacation is right around the corner :)

3 comments:

Rach said...

I'm so glad you're happy!

Anonymous said...

That's an encouragment to hear.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I think that humming thing is contagious. I woke up this morning humming a song too. No idea where it came from. It was just there. Funny how God knows just the message we need at just the time we need it. Of course, coming from an older generation than you, it was one of the traditional hymns. But, hey, God still speaks through those too.

------------

"Trials dark on every hand,
And we cannot understand
All the ways that God would lead us
to that blessed promised land;
But He'll guide us with His eye,
And we'll follow till we die;
We will understand it better by and by.

Oft our cherished plans have failed,
Disappointments have prevailed,
And we've wandered in the darkness,
heavy hearted and alone;
But we're trusing in the Lord,
And, according to His word,
We will understand it better by and by.

Temptations, hidden snares,
Often take us unawares,
And our hearts are made to bleed
for some tho't-less word or deed,
And we wonder why the test
When we try to do our best,
But we'll understand it better by and by.

-------------

Trust God and be happy!