Thursday, January 31, 2008

A February Resolution

OK, my New Year's resolutions went down the drain during January. Honestly, today was the second day this month that I have worked out. I'm also ashamed to say that I have gone to bed a couple of nights without even glancing at my Bible. I'm not giving up on these worthy goals but...
...For February I have made the more abtainable goal of not going out to eat. This is a one month experiment to see if it will change the way that I do life on several levels. The first level is the monetary level. Hopefully, by fixing my own food and having leftovers I will save money that I can then put into my savings account. The second level is the nutrition level. By not eatting out, I can better monitor what I eat and make healthier food decisions. The third level is the spiritual level. I find that I slow down both physically and mentally when I cook. It puts me in a good place to pray/think/sing/dance (yes, I occassionally dance to music when I cook).

No comments: