Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Change

My word of the day is 'change.' Change is what is happening to me right now. It's this major force on my life that I can't stop.
On Saturday, I found out that Brittany will not be working in Seattle anymore. I understand her reasoning, and I respect her decision. I'll miss her though. She started working in Seattle at the same time as me. She represented my partner in ministry and a friend that I could talk to about parts of life that I don't share with just anybody.
On Monday, Michael moved to Missouri to go to seminary. Micahel was my connection to home in Washington. I could talk about Tennessee things and know that he understood what I was talking about. It was a shock to go upstairs on Monday morning and not hear his sports podcast playing.
Today, I drove Tuba to the airport. Tuba is a Turkish student that studied at UW last quarter and lived in the building. She and her mother, who came to the US a week ago, flew back to Turkey this morning. I almost started crying when I realized that she wasn't coming back any time soon. She was always a bright spot in my day.
It's times like these that I envy my married friends. I know that marriage is not a cake walk, but at least there is that promise that change does not happen alone. I feel like I'm dealing with these changes alone.

2 comments:

Rach said...

I know it's easy to feel like your alone...David often felt alone, that's why we have Psalms. It's a great reminder that we're not!

Michael said...

I totally know how you feel as I have been in your shoes being the one staying while others have left. I know that you can handle it and that God will bring new people in and you'll develop strong friendships out of them.

By the way, when I got to KC there was several inches of snow there. The campus was covered in it. I meant to take a picture but I was so busy unloading and then trying to get back to Tennessee. Next time it does that I'll be sure to take a picture