Monday, January 7, 2008

And They're Back

Today was UW's first day of the winter quarter. After a week and a half of not seeing any students, they finally made an appearance. It made me incredibly happy to see them come back. The U-District is just kind of dead with them gone.
I also realized this morning as I was waking up that this is the time of year that I am usually in Seattle. For the last two years, I've been in Seattle during the first week of the winter quarter to do collegiate ministry. It makes me want to go outside and start serving up some hot chocolate to perfect strangers. Come to think of it, I should suggest that in the next staff meeting...
On a slightly unrelated note, I've been thinking about how I express (or don't express) emotion today. I tend to keep my emotions bottled up inside until I am alone. I may be extremely mad or sad, but I don't feel comfortable letting others see what I'm feeling.
I've been mentally beating myself up this week for not talking to my friend, but I just can't physically get the words to come out. I want to tell her that I miss her and wish that this tradegy had never happened to her. I want to tell her that my soul cries out for the pain that she is experiencing. I want to tell her that she will make it through this, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like her situation doesn't matter. I want to make her laugh because she has always made me laugh when I was upset. I guess where I'm lacking in expressing these emotions I turn to prayer. I pray that God would be her source of comfort and that He would send her people that are better at expressing these things than I am. People to give her hugs that I am not there to give (Hugs I do well because they don't require words).

1 comment:

Rach said...

write her a note