Thursday, July 2, 2009

Top Three Thursday

...Portland Edition. I've been to Portland twice in the last two months. Here's what rocked my socks off:

1. Pine State Biscuits. When I mentioned that I was going to Portland for the weekend, I was told that I had to check this place out. And I'm so glad I did. Being from the South, I have high expectations for my biscuits and Pine State definitely met them. Here's a picture of my scrumptious biscuits and gravy.


2. Powell's City of Books. Yes, you read that right. City of books. Powell's is a multi-level bookstore that takes up an entire block. I could get lost in there all day and not even care. It also helps that there are lots of great deals for people on a budget.


3. Voodoo Doughnuts. I heard about this place on TV a couple years ago and had few recommendations to go since moving to Seattle. Voodoo specializes in unusual donuts that are absolutely amazing. Some examples of their great but slightly off flavors include grape kool-aid, M&M, Captain Crunch, Oreo, and their most famous: the bacon maple bar. Yum!


Toodles!

No comments: