Thursday, July 2, 2009

Times, They Are A-Changin'

Why the slightly washed out picture, you ask. Because it accurately describes how I'm feeling right now. For those that are curious, this picture was taken at a beach party we had a couple weeks ago. The friend standing was about to leave for Israel and my other friend was trying to prevent her from going. She wanted to hang on forever, but had to let go eventually (I think around the time the Caribbean Jerk Chicken was done cooking).

I don't deal with change well. For all the traveling that I do and the life I'm committed to leading, you would think that I would be better at coping. And I do cope relatively well, but there are certain aspects in my life that I like to stay rock solid. Right now, things feel more like sand.

Today, major changes happened at the center of my Seattle universe, the building that is both my home and place of business. I got a new boss-man. One month left working in Seattle and I have a new supervisor. Don't get me wrong. The new guy is great and I think that he's gonna do an amazing job at relating to the students and leading the community. It's just kind weird to go to work and answer to a new person.

I think this change is really significant because it is also the first major change in a long line of changes to come. Change of supervisor, change of address, change of occupation, change of culture. Sometimes I look at what is to come and don't think I have the strength in me to make it. I know that I'll survive what's about to happen, but I don't want to just survive. I want to thrive.

Hmm, there may be something significant to the fact that "You Will Pull Through" by Barcelona is playing on my iTunes right now. Funny how that works :)

No comments: