Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June

Welcome to my one and only blog post for June. I semi-intentionally took the month off from writing about my life but hope to jump back in full force in July. Here's what I did in June:

1. I turned 24. Yes, I'm one year away from being able to rent a car without having to hand over an arm or leg. A couple of friends took me to Red Robin for lunch and Trophy Cupcake for dessert. Then, my church got together and enjoyed a meal together at one of those restaurants where they cook for the food on the table for supper. They made me dance (badly) before I could get my cheesecake. Hopefully, the video of that will never surface :)

2. I supported my students through finals and all they did in return was leave me. It really wasn't that bad, but I kind of miss them already. A friend gave me a picture of all of us together at our last meal together and I almost started crying. I think crying is going to be a major theme in my life over the next month.

3. I went to the Olympic Peninsula for the first time. A couple of friends and I took a ferry over the day before my birthday. Our main purpose for going was to see the setting of a certain series of books, but we created a lot of our own fun. I think my favorite part was having a picnic on a deserted beach. It was probably one of the more surreal moments in my life.

4. I tried having a relationship with a guy from Oregon, but it didn't work out. Dating is one of those areas that I've struggled with in the past. Amazingly, I'm not overly bummed about this relationship not working, beyond the fact that the guy is extremely nice and fun and I had to disappoint him. God keeps whispering to me that there's something else great coming soon.

5. I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out. I've already heard all the jokes about being a little less wise so keep them to yourself. Besides the bad jokes, everything went great. The surgery was fast, I didn't swell up like a chipmunk, and I could eat semi-solid foods fairly early. I'm still feeling some pain, but my diet is fairly normal again.

Of course, other fun things happened in June, but those are the highlights. Stay tuned for some fun posts that have been brewing in my mind over the last month. Until then...

1 comment:

Rach said...

Just make sure if crying is your theme, they're good tears.