Friday, July 3, 2009

My Latest Project

So, I was sitting around the house a few weeks ago and was thinking how I could make myself even more hippie...just kidding, sorta...
A few weeks ago I got an invitation from one of my students to learn how to make bread in exchange for teaching him how to make my almost-famous snickerdoodles. It didn't sound like a bad deal so I took him up on it. That Saturday I learned how to make basic wheat bread by hand. Yesterday, I made wheat bread again, but this time I put oats in it. I must say that I'm not half bad at baking bread :) The pictures below are of my bread after it was done rising the first time and the finished product.


I'm hoping to take this skill with me when I move and keep making my own bread. I've found that it's a good stress reducer and it builds strength in the arms.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Your loaves look lovely!!

Unknown said...

I love homemade bread, and I love that you're trying to be more hippie, all you have to do now is grow your hair long, and abandon deodorant. I don't think you'll ever do that, but ::shrug::.