Thursday, September 18, 2008

Anti-Top Three Thursday

Not much has made me stand up and pay attention lately, but there sure have been some things that make me want to throw shoes at them. Here are a few...

1. "Burn After Reading". I'm a fan of the Coen brothers, George Clooney, and Brad Pitt. Yet this movie made me feel like I had wasted my time, money, and brain cells. At the end of the movie, I had to laugh because the entire thing had been so confusing and pointless.

2. Google Chrome. Can I say that on a Google-owned blog? Understanding that I'm not a tech geek...After hearing how it was going to be a completely different kind of browser that was going to do everything a user would want, I was very disappointed. I was especially disappointed that it kept freezing while I was trying to watch a show on hulu.com. Honestly, I'm more impressed by Flock than Chrome. Maybe when the bugs get worked out and they introduce a few new features I'll give it a try again.

3. Cable News Networks. This is nothing new, but it's been much more pronounced lately. With the election right around the corner (but not soon enough), every news network in America is giving their time to (over)analyzing the candidates and politics. When I turn on the TV, I want to see someone in India talking about the recent bombings or how (insert your favorite oppressed people group here) is struggling to gain equal rights. Cable News Networks, give me all my news and not your overplayed opinions on a small segment on it.

Toodles!

3 comments:

Rach said...

I like that you want to throw shoes...very un-Liz.

Linds said...

Maybe I should have said "want to spit Reese's Pieces at them" :)

Rach said...

That sounds more like you!