Sunday, December 16, 2007

Leavenworth, WA


This afternoon Brittany, Jody, and I went to Leavenworth, WA (or "the Gatlinburg of the Northwest", as I like to call it). It's a small Bavarian village in the Cascades that is popular during the holiday season. Today, it was covered in snow and ice which made for an interesting time. (Note to self: Never try to drive down a hill covered in ice again.)
We ate supper at a small place that converts into a wedding chapel. Even though I ate a mini-pizza that I could have made for myself at home, the owner and her daughter were really nice. I have a feeling that when I go back to Leavenworth I'll be going back to their diner just because it made me feel so relaxed.
Another highlight of the night was talking to the men that were going to play the shepherds for the living nativity. We happened to meet them while warming up at one of the firepits that they have at random places in town. It was great to feel the instant bond that Christians have when they meet.

2 comments:

Rach said...

do you mean to say that Gatlinburg is not unique? you mean they've been lying to us?!!

Shanna said...

I like your blog already, Lindsay-Lou! Gorgeous banner photo...