Monday, October 17, 2011

Jordan

One year ago today, I was here.
I can't believe that it's been a full year since I went to Jordan. I remember most of it like it was yesterday. My favorite memories include:
  • Seeing my friends and their daughters for the first time in a year. They were a big part of my life during my first semester in New Orleans. I still miss them. 
  • Walking around the shopping area of Amman and people watching.
  • Going to Petra. It was stinking hot and I just wanted to collapse and give up near the end of the day, but it was an adventure that I don't regret. Expect for the handsy horse guy. I wish I had kicked him. 
  • Standing at the top of Mount Nebo and channeling my inner-Moses. Reading about the end of Moses' life will never be the same. 
  • Taking pictures of the sunset from the roof of the apartment building we were staying at during the evening call to prayer.
I loved Jordan and feel like I might be going back there someday. I just hope it's soon.

No comments: