Thursday, February 5, 2009

Top Three Thursday

It's so convenient that two days of the week start with T...

1. Beth's Cafe. I've heard about this place since I moved to Seattle, but my unreasonable phobia of driving on Green Lake Way kept me from going. Earlier this week, I finally went with a few of the people from my house. I was leery at first because it reminded me a lot of Huddle House, but once my humongous blueberry milkshake (with whole blueberries and lots of whipped cream) came out I was converted. Maybe next time I'll get the 12 egg omelet... Yeah, right.

2. Rosetta Stone Online. I recently coughed up the money to learn French again. I took two years in high school and 3.25 semesters in college. I can read French amazingly well, can listen to it fairly well, and can't say more than two phrases. That's changing my friends. I can already say "The cat is on top of the table" with no fear thanks to Rosetta Stone.

3. "The Spirit of the Disciplines" by Dallas Willard. I'm only about half-way through the book right now, but so far it's amazing. I'll probably do a book review when I've put all the competing thoughts this book has caused together. But don't wait for me to finish. Go grab a copy.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Rach said...

I think it's amazing that you can say, "The cat is on the table." Not only is it amazing, but I'm sure you will find it increadibly useful.