Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Short Update

Wow. Twelve days without blogging. That has to be some kind of record for me. Life has been pretty crazy since I returned from India. Only a couple of days after I got back, my family came to see me in Seattle. We had a great time even if I was jet-lagged. We went down to the Redwood Forest in California and to Mt. Hood near Portland. Even though I was exhausted, being with my family re-energized me emotionally. My sister stayed a couple extra days after the rest of my family went home. We got to go to Gasworks Park, the Woodland Park Zoo (which isn't that far from my house), and the outlet mall in Marysville. She also got to meet my Bible study group which was exciting for me even if nobody else was excited about it.
I still haven't even looked at my pictures from India. Something about having to relive all those emotions and memories keeps me from it for now. I'll probably work up the emotional fortitude in the next couple days. Once I do, I'll post a few pics for you proving that I really did go to Asia :)
For now, I'm relearning how to live life in Seattle. So much has changed.

2 comments:

Matthew Cook said...

Hey, you just take your time with those photos. As I've been doing with my stuff from Berlin, I posted enough photos on Flickr to prove that I was alive and well (and actually doing something) but then as I got busier and busier I haven't been posting them regularly. I just have to catch up when I get home this weekend. You do whatcha gotta do!

Rach said...

You should take a few pics pf Seattle and post them. Maybe looking at them and explaining them to the rest of us will make you feel more like you're at home.